Last few months, the company I am working with announced a motivational activity where the highest pointer will get a trip to Sri Lanka. At that time, only one lady seems to have the motivation to join. I just don’t have the drive to take part of it and ignore it. I felt the place is so small and will not offer me anything.
Well, a few days ago one of my friends visited the place and took some amazing shots of the place. In some ways, I felt curious. My curiosity escalates after watching National geographic yesterday night. It seems the country, though small, has a lot to offer. Often known as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka scores where tradition accepts modernism in every aspect, capturing the best of all worlds. It basks in year round glorious sunshine, and no less than seven world heritage sites. With its mix of culture, religion, art, craft, festivals and costumes, visitors cannot help but be enchanted with this holiday island. This is something that I should have taken into consideration during the company activity. Who knows I could have taken the win and roam around the Sri Lanka for a week or two.
Highlights of Sri Lanka
- Discover the captivating mix of ancient architecture, rich culture and vibrant natives
- Visit one of the island’s UNESCO World Heritage site, The Rock Fortress of Sigiryia
- Take in the varied climate that blesses these shores
- Enjoy 800 miles of palm-fringed beaches, calm waters and energetic water sports
- Get lost in the spectacular bird life and the wild safari opportunities.
- Do a spot of Whale and dolphin watching in the calm ocean